View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 AM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by hannah-14
comeeee onnnnnnnnn now!!! have u got two eyes? try to be with out eyez for a day and see how it feels, OK? then u common on poor mikey.
Let me just say that you have an excellent, excellent point here. Personally, I decided to try to live without sight for a day. I put on a blindfold and ended up having to take it off after an hour because I wasn't able to do anything. It's so frustrating! Simple tasks become so difficult. Opening a door takes a very long time because you need to find the door knob. Sometimes I would get the wrong door and be in the completely wrong room. Taking a shower was horrible. I couldn't find my towel, or my clothes to get dressed (I cheated on this). Don't even get me started on the simple task of making a bowl of cereal! First off I couldn't tell which cereal I was eating, so I had to try several times and ended up wasting a lot of cereal. Then I missed the bowl and got rice milk all over the counter!

It really made me appreciate just how lucky I am to be able to see. I recommend everyone try it for a very eye-opening experience. (Hehehe, get it?)
bigbr0ther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote