Old 14-12-2008, 07:36 PM #18
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Girls Aloud - Out Of Control

01. The Promise - Catchy track one of the album's best, only one other track truly measures up to it, second single The Loving Kind. Though a little tiresome due to excess airplay, an energetic thumping track. [10/10]

02. The Loving Kind - It's Call The Shots 2.0, a predictable choice for second single, great track though, hot video too. Good for chilling. [9.5/10]

03. Rolling Back The Rivers In Time - The first of a recurring theme on this album. Very bland, lacking that punch. Kind of winter-esque. Nicola proves to be the best on this one one [5.5/10]

04. Love Is The Key - Going Promise-y again with old school beats. A bit of a grower, but again nothing more than a decent filler. [6/10]

05. Turn To Stone - Going back to the future with this one, nice of them to keep it different. It's a midtempo, bouncy track, with nice vocals from Nadine&&Cheryl and a strong chorus. Bit repetitive though.[7/10]

06. Untouchable - A track very similar the rest, there seems to be no point to it, a filler with out doubt. Nicola eyt again sings wells on it though, nice to hear her take more of a lead this album. [4/10]

07. Fix Me Up - Love this, one of my personal faves, great synthy vocals all round, that are accompanied by strong old school beats. Sexy track. [7.5/10]

08. Love Is Pain - Perhaps third single? Another catchy sing-along tune, great bridge, but like many others seems a bit lack luster. One of the better ones though.[8.5/10]

09. Miss You Bow Wow - Girls Aloud token silly song, again it's missing something, not the best vocals but a different direction for them and a daring move to take, which for the most part they pull off. [6.5/10]

10. Revolution In The Head - Yet another totally different direction for them, going back to The Promise side of things. A nice track, not a single, but one of the strongest on here. [8/10]

11. Live In The Country - Old school Girls, reminiscent of their What Will The Neighbors Say? days. Crap chorus, bland lyrics, none of them particularly shine through on this one. [4.5/10]

12. We want to Party - Perfect way to close it, I imagine they might end the concert with this. Edgy, classy sexy track with a rocking chorus. One of my personal faves. [9/10]

Overall
5/10
An album of mid-tempo fillers, easy listening, very samey, a step down for the girls from Tangled Up. They took a risk and only half pulled it off. Nothing on here is amazing bar the first two singles.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote