View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM #36

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
Quote:
Originally posted by Lewis
Have you ever tried to get any of your work published Sticks?
I would love to have it published outside of TiBB

The main problem is that the first three seasons used Big Brother as a backdrop, so there could be issues of copyright plus those outside may not know what BB was about and of course it makes it dated.

The vignettes between season three and four were a bit two short. In season four I used Mulder and Sculley from the X-Files as guest characters. In the world of Fan Fiction this is known as "Cross-over" they also do this in TV series as well. I would have to rework those characters.

There is also the issue, is the concept too close to other concepts of apparent parallel worlds, like Narnia and The Never Ending Story.

Plus I also refer to creatures used in other fantasy literature, such as orcs and halflings, would there be an issue from the estate and copyright holder of JRR Tolkien.

These creatures exist in the Mystical Realms because they were formed by our collective human unconsciousness which even gave form to creatures from fantasy literature. Again would those representing JRR Tolkien stick their oar in

What I would really love to see, would be to see these as Hollywood blockbusters but I suspect that is not likely, due to rights issues and the need to do a lot of re-work to make the earlier stories more generic.

Aww, That is a real shame! When is the next little spoiler?
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote