View Single Post
Old 19-03-2009, 09:58 PM #1

Default Big Brother: Time for change? - Fin

It's inevitable, and something we're all beginning to think about. It's time Big Brother got a complete overhaul, from the house location, to the font used. Over the next few weeks (Hopefully :P) im planning to share my ideas with you including new graphics, advertising, theme music, location and a week-by-week plan as well as background details such as new spin offs, launch themes ect.

Auditions:

First though, I think this year the producers should have been out looking for strange people this year. As much as some of us might hate to admit it, the freaks & loud mouths are always the most entertaining characters that keep the show alive. The auditionees looked for this year should hopefully have been either:

- So competitive that nothing gets in the way of winning.
- Complete freaks
- People with secrets
- & people with interesting and genuine entertainment factors (Ag Alex BB3 & Victor BB5 etc)

I'd also like a series of tests introduced to eliminate bores from the audition process early on, to keep the cast as interesting and entertaining as possible.

The audition process should also have been open to a wider amount of people (more locations) and to lure in more people a larger prize fund should have been promoted in adverts as well as 'Life changing situations' ect to get people rolling in.

Interactive audition feature:

Eg of an audition advert:

- I'm still working on audition graphics, hopefuly I'll upload a few more soon

Graphics:

Ditch the template. Ditch the font. Ditch the format.

Firstly a new logo:

Simple, but not boring and astheticly pleasing.

As for advertising graphics, the only ones that actually work are the countdown adverts. The rest are dated, old and don't have a point/make you want to watch. I've decided all should be scrapped for a new set (Minus the countdown adverts)

In order of airing:

- The first short adverts. Clear and let you know Big Brother is back. Slightly similar to the eye flashes, but longer and more to the point:

- All hearing, all seeing, all watching adverts. Basically to add a bit more verity and interest to the up and coming series:

- Info adverts. These should defiantly spark rumours and curiosity which = publicity which should hopefully = ratings. Basically they are to provoke interest and an aura of mystery back to the show. Should grab a few extra ratings:

- Housemate adverts. The vital part of any show. Housemate teasers should definatly arouse interest. Varying from soundbite to background info, they should hopefully create yet more ratings and spark more rumours:

- Countdown adverts. More or less the usual format:

- Summary adverts. Summarise everything so far, from housemate teasers, house clips, general info and rules ect all tied together into various 30 second clips.

- A general end sting:

- Opening theme. It needs to change. Its still a pretty good opening theme, but it's beginning to get tired. Heres a new rough idea:

View My Video

> Stay tuned. There's PLENTY more to come, but thats all for now.
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote