View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 06:12 PM #15

For anyone who just left amazing feedback, thans! - Its really appreciated, and for people who left questions ect, I'll try to answer them now.

The eye: A few queries raised here. Although it isn't the main logo any longer, there will still be frequent appearances. The graphics I've made for the in-show designs all still use the old eye template in some way or another and it will still make smaller appearances during adverts, e.g: during the longer ads perhaps some of the circles with bits of house in them could come together to form the old logo, and I would deffo intend to integrate it some way into the opening titles. I've also already edited the template into a few graphics above, but I think that now the logo is getting tired, despite the changes each series. Theres only so many designs a template can produce. Apart from that, I doubt theres many casual viewers who will care/notice even if the current real logo was ditched altogether.

Eye flashes: They did once serve a purpose, but over the past few years they've literally been dancing multi coloured 3d blocks and shards of coloured glass whizzing about in a blender. I'm sure most people wouldn't even realise it was an ad for BB at all. I think in the current state, the points of a totally fresh approach to advertising the show and the first graphic below the new logo I posted would work better. It's only 3 - 4 seconds long, but to the point and could still fit neatly between ads and programmes replacing the need for eye flashes.

Similarities to BBAU: I guess that comes down to that for the past few years, BBAU have been churning out the best adverts for BB anywhere. They contain mystery and make you want to watch, look clean, modern and are to the point. However, although they were indefinitely inspired by the BBAU graphics package, I was careful to not make them to strikingly similar, which tbh I don't really think they are, anyway, its not like the world of BB isn't known for copying of each other :P

And Brekkie, I'll note the font suggestion for next time lol- I agree, the C4 font isn't the nicest font in the world

Hopefully these replies answer your questions, and if not at least give a bit more depth into my thinking when designing the ads.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........

Detailed logo deconstruction:

I dont think I went into to much detail with my ideas behind the new logo last time, so I'll explain a bit fuller now.

Essentially, the logo is an adapted and updated version of the original Big Brother logo, still widely used throughout the world. It's still blue, its still round and its still got a kinda 3D feel to it (This time it looks like its bulging from the middle, the original logo has more of a bevelled effect)

Original logo:

Anyway, moving on from the questions, heres some new info!

New location:

Elstrees resources and size are limitations to improving how the series could be run once on air. A larger area leads to larger scale tasks, a bigger audience/studio and in general more space to work with.

Heres a few ideas I came up with in sketch up:

Houseplan:

Comparison to old compound:

- The space has almost been doubled and an additional level adds yet more space.

- I know the compound looks a bit gypo, but I've since designed the set up, and the crowd area is completely transformed. (Might post a few pics tonight)

Keep watching!
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote