View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 10:58 PM #21

Thanks for the amazingly poss feedback everyone!

Matt, Im afraid I cant think of anything to say to balance up my side of the eyeflash/logo argument, so all i'll say is, meh...

And Brekkie, hopefully you'll be pleased by this audience plan:

The crowd problem and the studio solution:

As most of us now know, for the past few years the crowd has been booing housemates before they even get into the BB house, booing people for absolutely no reason, and most recently, even booing the winners! Having a live crowd maintains the atmosphere and keeps it more of an event, but with a live crowd you get boos, which is why I've designed this plan:

There is a live crowd, but housemates will be exposed to it for as little time as possible, the only impressions the crowd will be able to make before the housemate arrives is from a collection of audition footage. Next the housemates will enter a large studio, with a studio audience, mostly made up of friends, family and the press. From here, they will get a short interview and an official introduction VT, after which they will enter the house, connected to the studio unlike previous years. I'm still deciding weather or not to have an outdoor crowd during evictions.

The outside area is designed to hold roughly 200 people. Davina will only spend about 15 - 20% of presenting time outside. Housemates get out of the car, walk along the platform and enter the studio through a large LCD screen which lifts upwards, advised to spend minimum time outside. The crowd will have minimum airtime during the launch only shown during housemates arriving to enter the studio and during a select few scenes where Davina will present from outside.

The studio is designed to seat roughly 100 people. The whole set is surrounded by large LCD screens which can change to live images from the house or to different colours for atmosphere etc. The entrance to the house is located to the opposite end of the studio to the interview area, which will hopefully not be used to only interview housemates, but also pyscologists, celeb guests and the family of nominated HMs.

Now you know how the entrances work, I'll hopefully be able to write up a launch plan soon.

- Remember the thread isn't just about commenting on how you think the set looks in the pics, but also about weather you think my ideas will work.
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote