View Single Post
Old 27-04-2009, 04:39 PM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
What I fine odd about this is that its a combination of pig, bird and human flu... Surely something like that can only be created in a lab not just naturally.
Swine flu has always existed, just never been a big "thing". I guess during the bird flu epidemic it mutated.

What I find weird is that some experts have said this combination would reek person-to-person infection (which is potentially massively deadly). We've heard some tales about person-to-person infection too... yet "WHO" are saying it's not.

I'm hoping they're telling the truth rather than preventive panic measures, cos if it's person-to-person - the affected radius is ever spreading.

Also, the anti-viral won't help in the long run. Obviously we need to use it to save lives, but the more instances it's used - the more the virus can mutate and beat the immunity.
What there saying now is that they might be some other causes, or another virus in Mexico that (at the moment) has only led to deaths there. But theres just so much confusion at the moment.
Xander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote