View Single Post
Old 27-10-2002, 10:23 AM #61

Quote:
Just how much did Pete Waterman know
Apparently Peter went to see Pete Waterman just before the show started and told him that he was 2 months too old and that he was going to drop out before the show started. Pete Waterman says he hadn't known anything before this stage and persuaded Peter to stay and sing because he thought it would disturb the other lads to much if they found out before they had to perform.

I have a huge amount of sympathy for Peter and can understand how everything can snowball and get out of hand.

He had a dream and he didn’t find out until he got to the audition that he was too old. I’m sure that he didn’t really expect to get through, most people are not arrogant enough to turn up and expect to go all the way, and he probably thought he might as well sing and get the experience and some comments from the judges.

Things got out of hand and he probably should have dropped out earlier, but all of us do things that we shouldn’t and get ourselves into situations its hard to get out of, and I really understand how he just went with the flow, and the longer it went on the more difficult it became to own up. He was incredibly brave to stand up in front of the nation last night and say what he did and I really respect him for having the courage to do it.

He has a huge amount of talent and I hope that either Pete or Louis help him on his way to a solo career and I hope that he won’t get a backlash because of what has happened on Popstars, I can just see the crueler elements of the tabloid press making a real meal out of this and putting the knife in.

He comes across as a genuinely lovely, really talented, nice guy and I for one think he deserves to go far.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote