Thread: jammy
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2009, 04:23 PM #74
Im Not Dead Yet

Im Not Dead Yet

I am insulted that this is on page 3 and there are some amazing bands that no-one has even mentioned yet

Screeching Weasel - One of the best punk/pop punk bands - best album 'My Brain Hurts' timeless classic from one of the best.

The Queers - pop punk/surf punk - Beach boys influenced happy go lucky punk that is just great - best album 'Love songs for the Retarded'

Operation Ivy - THE GREATEST skapunk band that will ever play, played between 1987-1989 released a load of singles which became the album 'energy' seriously, if you like this music, you need this album.

The Vindictives - Nasal voiced, classic band. Best Album is 'The many moods of......'

NOFX - The Pop-punk band that controls the industry as such, the singer is owner of Fat Wreck Chords which put out so much of the music. Best album 'punk in drublic' beautiful is all I can say.

And thats just skimming the surface, with no mention of Face to Face, Descendents, Fairlanes, Manges and Stinking Polecates (both Italian) and great ones from the UK - Skimmer, Chopper, One Car Pile-Up, Lovejunk to name but a few.

If you want an education on poppunk 1994-2002 then I will happily teach you the true classics.

Never forgetting the totally stupid pop punk band Boris the Sprinkler!

If you can find them - listen to them - and maybe you'll love them like I do.
Appearance_Of_A_Junky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote