View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:41 PM #9
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

bronaaaaa

Emotion
The use of black and white gives it a good 1950's feel, as does the fact it is on a slope. The only thing letting this shot down is the focus.

As for the emotion it only just scrapes in.

Improvement
The original theme was What is Life. This image fails to convey that, and what is more, it would have been improved if the depth of field had been pushed. The flower in the foreground should have been more in focus than the background one. I'm afraid this one totally failed to make the grade.

The Sense Touch
This is also disappointing. The fingers in the foreground are soft focus as are the other fingers in the background. It does not speak to me of touch. Another clear fail.

GypsyGoth

Emotion
No! The bland expression on the horse dolls do not show love. Positioning them like they are in this shot, does not speak to me of love. On the technical front, it could have been made better with a fil in flash, or even a reflector to lighten the foreground.

Improvement
As a pure picture of undergrowth, it is marginal at best, again the depth of field needed to be pushed. As for the original subject, it does not indicate that at all.

The Sense Taste
Another near miss I am afraid. Starting with the technical side, this image is bleached. The flash may have been to close and direct. Sometimes with still life, you may have the luxury of not using flash. Also better lighting would have been a good alternative.

As for the subject, sorry but I would have thought a strawberry half would have been better than a whole one.

Nate
Emotion
For a simple idea, and in black and white this seems to hit the all the points. Well done on this one

Improvement
Close but no cigar. It would have been better if the C of the cold tap was more in focus as well, plus I would like to have seen the whole basin.

The Sense Sight
A good idea well executed. It makes it crystal clear what this is about.

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote