View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:16 PM #36
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
I never said symptons of withdrawel are the same, I said the definition of addiction is the same for all things - the longer you have it the more you'll want it.

And you guys are not reading what I am putting >.< Lemo I know its about personalites, legalising the drug would make more people try it, and those with the addictive personalities may move onto the harder drugs, I know cannabis isnt really that harmful, its how it is a gateway.

And the argument about why isnt alcohol and tobacco illegal then is always brought up. And tbh I dont know, probably because the trend is that people who drink alcohol and have tobacco dont tend to move onto hard drugs, but people who smoke cannabis may do - or at least at lot more than alcochol and tobacco users.
That's absoloute bollocks. There's no facts behind what you are saying.

Quote:
Some claim that trying cannabis increases the probability that users will eventually use "harder" drugs. This hypothesis has been one of the central pillars of anti-cannabis drug policy in the United States,[81] though the validity and implications of these hypotheses are highly debated.[82] Studies have shown that tobacco smoking is a better predictor of concurrent illicit hard drug use than smoking cannabis.[83]

No widely accepted study has ever demonstrated a cause-and-effect relationship between the use of cannabis and the later use of harder drugs like heroin and cocaine. However, the prevalence of tobacco cigarette advertising and the practice of mixing tobacco and cannabis together in a single large joint, common in Europe, are believed to be a factor in promoting nicotine dependency among young persons investigating cannabis.[84]
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote