CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Admitted the wife may be ostracised by her family and the muslim community at large, however that is her decision, she can expect to be treated as equal in any civil UK court.

Of course it still goes on, forced or arranged marriage and for some it always will, however they at least do have the option to opt out now, which is more than they would have if resident in some other countries.

The family either collectively or its head took a decision to reside in the UK, that means complying with its laws and customs as well as receiving asylum/residency, when seeking rights they also receive responsibilities. One of these responsibilities is to comply with the UK laws of the land. Included in those laws are those covering sexual equality.

It may sound harsh but some would consider it a case of tough love.

Unfortunately you cant say all Sharia matters should be dealt with in a UK court as a precedent has already been set in UK by the acceptance of the Beth Din, the Jewish religious courts over the last few hundred years.
Yeah, I just remembered about the Jewish courts. And yeah, it's just sad to see we open courts purely based on religious laws, no matter what religion