View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 AM #1
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Default Dragging Islam into the 20th century.

I suppose they still have a long way to go, however one man at least is trying, you never know another few decades and they may be dragging them in the 21st.

Quote:
The first ever Muslim sex shop has opened for business online - a move its owner hopes will change people's view of the faith. The business venture was dreamt-up by a Dutchman who saw the demand for erotic products that meet the rules of Sharia law.

Despite selling no toys or DVDs, El Asira, which means "Society" in Arabic, drew 70,000 hits in its first four days online.

The website offers massage oils and tablets that claim to enhance sexual prowess.

All ingredients are halal, or "permissible under Islam", according to founder Abdelaziz Aouragh.

"Most of the other products out there have pictures of naked people or foul language - it was very difficult to find ones that I could use in my business," he said.

So Mr Aouragh, who is married, set about consulting Islamic religious leaders and scholars to see what his business venture could sell and to whom.

"I have learnt a lot about what Islam says about sexuality, about how important it is to have a healthy sex life," he said.

Muslim clerics like Dutch Imam Abdul Jabbar see no harm in Mr Aouragh's site.

"As long as he doesn't sell sex toys or those sorts of things there is no problem," he said.

"The Prophet Mohammad gave lots of advice about sex in marriage and there need not be any shame."

As well as making money, Mr Aouragh wants to change the image of Islam as hostile to women and provoke positive thinking about the faith.

In the Netherlands support is growing for the far-right, anti-Islamic Party for Freedom (PVV).

Its leader Geert Wilders wants to ban the Koran, which he likens to Hitler's Mein Kampf, and wants a tax on wearing head scarves.

"Everybody is talking about Islam in a negative way," said Mr Aouragh. "I am trying to get something positive out of the dark.

"Muslims also have to deal with stereotypical prejudices by some non-Muslims on the topic of sexuality within the Islam.

"We want to share with other Muslims in a positive way our contribution to a broader view of sexuality and eroticism within the Muslim community," the website says, "for Muslims themselves, as for others."

The web shop also aims to offer sex-related information in the future.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100401/...i-3fd0ae9.html

I thought halal butt plug or halal rampant rabbit on seeing the lead parargraph, too much to hope for.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote