View Single Post
Old 17-04-2010, 12:19 AM #22

I'm shocked at Charlie, i thought he'd be one of the "golden oldies" when i'm older LOL. To be completely honest, i really believe that Eastenders are going to take a backward step soon, these axings are exactly what that producer did when she took over from Louise Berrige in 2005, the problem was, she axed too many characters and re-introduced too many older characters, the soap relied on the older characters and when they eventually left, we were left still unsure of the characters that were new. Because of old favs like Grant, Phil, Peggy, Sharon, Dennis and others were re-introduced in 2005, the new characters, like Honey Mitchell for example, took some adjusting too because we already famaliarised ourselves with the older ones, but the majority of them left, and we were forced to rely on the likes of Honey and the new cast to carry the show, and the ratings dropped. Then Santer took over.
I've not watched EE for a while now, not since 3 weeks ago because it's just getting a little boring, and judging by the ratings, i'm not the only one that thinks like that.