View Single Post
Old 28-02-2002, 09:46 AM #3

You're probably right Kaz, the producers perhaps told her to keep to the topic, but Lowri Turner handed her a golden opportunity to talk about her ambitions and what new things she's been doing when she asked her why she didn't do it anymore. However, I think you are aslo right about Amma finding it difficult to answer direct questions that could be considered aggressive.

She's probably spent so much time in the past defending her choice of job, that autopilot kicks in, so she reels out the stock answers on the subject. It is of course very easy for me at home, and also as someone who got sent for media training by my company, to see her wasting opportunities. Every time she said 'I enjoyed performing', I was willing her to continue to say 'which is why I was thrilled when I was asked to act in Dream Team ...'

One thing I did notice was that even if some of the panel thought lap-dancing was degrading, no one seemed to think going on BB was. It was assumed everyone would know who she was, and her opinion was considered valuable. Apart from the question on money (obviously something she isn't comfortable talking about), Amma was clear and confident, and had good tv presence, so as well as an appearance fee, it was probably still a good opportunity to take.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote