MiddKid

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Faye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBig View Post
"You have to be the biggest bitch, because you are gay?"

Thats what she said.

I don't take anything of it, a lot more worse things were said to her in the house than that comment. Big brother doesn't even show one tenth of the stuff on the tv show.

Today Britney said, she would be happy if she saw Brendon lose his arms and legs, because that's how much she hates him. They say a lot of means things about Brenden and Racheal. Especially Britney. That girl has no heart. She is evil.
I agree 100%. I'm gay and you cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck I do not give when people make remarks like Rachel's. All she did was some negative stereotyping. I know that I as an individual defy stereotypes, and that's enough for me. Getting offended over ignorant statements like that just gives ammo to the homophobes that they didn't already have. You cannot control what others do, you can only what you do.

That said, I feel Rachel's comments were made out of a) insensitivity to a degree and b) pent-up anger over the bullying she and Brendon received, and she just doesn't have the emotional intelligence to translate those feelings into rational thought. Her intent was not to slur against gay people. And then on the other hand...you have someone like Britney who as SoBig pointed out has made some purely evil comments...she said last week while Brendon was cooking with hot oil that she wanted it to splash in his face so he'd be disfigured for life. That's evil-spirited hatred. Rachel was merely insensitive and tactless, and it's a shame that our PC-crazy world can't see that.

(ed: I had to go back and italicize the 'u' so the f-word would get around the censors, I feel it was necessary to prove my point )
Hatin': Chris, Victoria, Shievonne, Ashleigh, Conor, Arron

Last edited by smartalec2718; 19-08-2010 at 05:24 AM.
smartalec2718 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote