BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
It is the mentality. When you say 'Those Orientals' as if they were all just some same style and look the same to you.

With Mary you have that mentality "Oh.. those are all the same kind of song and she looks the same each time".

We all have this issue 'naturally' (so to speak) and for example how you see all the Japanese, Thai as 'Orientals' is something called 'race recognition' and is so common it is used in courtrooms and police witnessing procedure to gauge accuracy.
I may have the same 'race grouping' problem as you except I travel often and although British Caucasian - I can distinguish Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Thai and so on.
VERY different peoples.

Anyways,
with music I am faced with the similar problem as your racism and for example is the boy band.
Because that music is 'foreign' to my experience it 'appears' to me they sing and dance the same exact thing every week.
Same song.
Same dances.
It all looks and sounds the same and the same as 100 other boy bands. Couldn't tell you a difference.

The difference is that I am aware of this and I take responsibility and consider the 'other view'.
You don't.
You just assume your 'vision' is the correct one.
both Harry and Liam are really good singers
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote