Thread: Matt Cardle Ooh Matt then
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 11:50 AM #32
Z

Z

Matt's attitude is just harming his own popularity, it's not going to dent Wagner's in the slightest. Everyone on that show (except maybe Simon) seems to be under the impression that the more they sell bad press about Wagner, the more it will affect his popularity - this is not the case - the more they slag him off, the more popular he gets. Literally any swipe anyone makes at him is just going to guarantee him more votes; I know lots of people think it's purely a campaign to "wipe the smile off Simon's face", and I'm sure for most people it is, but from my point of view, this is so much more than that.

It's a message on many levels. It's a message to the producers that if they let Louis Walsh put through a bad joke of an act, the public are going to push the joke until it stops being funny. I'm sure they were hoping for a Jedward situation whereby Wagner and/or Diva Fever would reach the halfway point and then bow out to the serious talent, but that just simply isn't going to happen anymore with Wagner. It's a message that says normal people CAN actually go onto the X Factor nowadays and succeed, it's not simply a show for people who have been trying desperately to become famous and have been sent along by a talent agency. It's a message that the viewing public won't just be coerced into voting for whoever their biased editing dictates we should vote for; they were pushing Cher and Katie down our throats and it's blown up in their faces. Finally, it's a good way of uncovering the contestants for what they really are - Matt's been exposed as petulant and bitchy, so have Cheryl Cole, Dannii Minogue, whichever members of One Direction have been mouthing off about Wagner, Aiden... It completely takes away the characters that the X Factor have presented to us, false images, and here's why Wagner clinches my support - in spite of all of these awful people, he's still smiling, he's still diplomatic and he's still worth a thousand times of them all.

It astonishes me that people can be offended by Katie Waissel's awful treatment in the media yet Wagner getting a tough time of it from the media AND the judges, contestants et al is barely commented on? This guy has the patience of a saint. I really, honestly, want him to win. It means so much more than just "oh this will annoy Simon Cowell".

-breathes-

Last edited by Z; 22-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote