CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Herod View Post
I once saw a young woman being slapped and punched in the street by this guy, and I shouted out to him to stop and that I was calling the police. To my total shock, the woman turned round and let rip a tirade of obscenities at me, to the effect that I should mind my own business if I knew what was good for me. The guy meanwhile just stood there and casually lit up a cigarette! Needless to say, I made a hasty retreat.

Another time there was a drunk guy by the bus stop who had fallen and hit his head on the kerb, he was bleeding profusely yet no-one in the bus queue gave him a second glance. This was years ago when I didn't have a mobile phone, so I ran back to my home to phone for an ambulance then went back to him with some towels etc till the ambulance arrived. Self inflicted injury or not, how can you leave someone like that?

But the incident that really made my blood boil was when my eldest son was 14 years old and out with his mate (who happened to be asian) in Eltham High Street. They were surrounded by a gang of 18-20 year olds who asked my son what he was doing with a n***** and other foul racial abuse. My son's friend managed to break free and run, but my son was pinned against a wall in full view of every passerby on the high street, who did nothing to help him. He was robbed of the few pounds he had, punched and kicked but managed to stay upright which is probably what saved him from worse injuries than if he had been on the ground. I remember raging at the sort of people who could watch a young lad being set on by a gang of savages and do absolutely nothing to help him. My son was black and blue but thankfully recovered, but it left him traumatised about going out and about for a long time.
Sadly this is all too common. People show this fake kind of sympathy when watching the news or reading the paper, but really what it is is they're just glad it didn't happen to them or anyone they know. People don't care these days, no such thing as the good of humanity.