View Single Post
Old 26-04-2011, 05:29 PM #53
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
But then if your friend dates your ex and you don't agree with that in principle, then they're clearly not worthwhile having as a friend to you, so I don't think it's unhealthy at all. I'd never date a friend's ex, I think there's a cooling off period where that's definitely not okay, maybe like a year after they'd broken up then sure, because you're not still hung up over the relationship after that length of time (generally speaking.) I think it's wrong to be immature about it, but I certainly wouldn't pretend to be fine with my friend dating my ex if I wasn't over it, and personally speaking it takes me a couple of months to get over a romantic attachment at least, so yeah. An ex girlfriend of mine dumped me and then had a secret thing with a guy I used to be close friends with, I ended that friendship because he'd been chatting her up behind my back, she dumped me and they started up a thing together. There's no point in keeping friends who would back stab you in such a way, in my opinion, and if that makes me emotionally immature then so be it, I'm happy with my decision.
This was the point I was making. I do not consider myself emotionally immature for my beliefs.
Mr XcX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote