View Single Post
Old 27-06-2011, 03:05 PM #1
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Default Matt Cardle Promises Anthemic Album

Matt Cardle has described his debut solo album as "anthemic", and has promised that he has been heavily involved in the writing process behind the record.

The X Factor winner began working on the album earlier this year after the end of this year's X Factor tour.

"I"ve been writing with some great people," Cardle revealed to BBC Newsbeat. "For me to get my head together and get in the studio and get my inspiration back on track and start writing the album has been great.

"There's some anthemic stuff in there, there's some very upbeat stuff, there's some stripped-back soulful stuff in there. It's been such a whirlwind."

Cardle also said that he has been relishing the opportunity to bring his own musical influences into play during the recording process.

"My inspiration is everything I've ever listened to; Michael Jackson, Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine, Dave Matthews Band," he explained.

The singer became the first X Factor winner to sign a joint record deal in March, when he signed a 50/50 deal with Simon Cowell's Syco label and Columbia Records.

Cowell is reportedly keen to push Cardle as the reality show's first credible rock music act when he returns later this year.

Cardle claims that the album will be released at the end of this summer, but has yet to confirm the record's title.

Source: DS