BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas Neeve View Post
Well, tbh I think that those crimes you've listed, especially the violent ones, should have even higher sentences, but that's for another day!

As for the what could have happened bit, I don't really see it as that, what I see it as is people actively trying to organize another mob of vandals and robbers, during a time when it was rampant across Britain.
Fair enough, maybe I'm just too liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
Really? You think so?

I'll put you in touch at least 2 drug dealers who got 18 years here in Scotland....... perhaps the English justice system is simply too soft.

so in your mind, if someone started a FB page for no other reason than to incite (for example) let's select fanatical types who loathe the western way, to go burn down chapels, churches, bomb bars and pubs, to attack the Police Officers who help uphold our Laws and put their lives at risk to protect us, you think that that's okay to do, and it's not a problem, nor is it likely to be one?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2339699.html

This is comparing some of the sentences given to rioters to sentences given to non rioters, I know it's 4 years but others who commited the same crime as these did get 4

Quote:
Riots

Jordan Blackshaw, 21, from Marston, and Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan, 22, from Warrington, were each jailed for four years at Chester Crown Court on Tuesday after setting up Facebook pages encouraging a riot in Northwich. Although the police were the only ones who arrived at the proposed rendezvous, the pair were both arrested.

Non-riots

Tesfaye Bramble, the brother of footballer Titus, was jailed for four and a half years on 5 August for the rape of a 19-year-old who told the court: "I cried like I've never cried in my life."

Rajinder Dutt, 31, was jailed for four years for supplying heroin in November 2008. Dutt, from Leicester, was part of a £10m operation which brought Class-A drugs with a value of £1.3m into Gloucestershire.
There's a huge drug dealing operation right there that only got 4 years

And like I said in my reply to Jack, I think it's blurring the lines between potential crimes and actual crimes
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote