View Single Post
Old 15-12-2011, 03:20 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I believe the judges know what the outcome of the public vote is and the producers attempt to sway them to make better TV. It definitely happened when Simon was on the panel anyway, otherwise I don't think theres any way that he would have let it go to deadlock when it was Ruth v Girl Band or Bad Lashes (forgot which) after Ruth did her Purple Rain performance, and Simon really liked her. Another example is when it was Jedward v Lucy, apparently he was pushing Cheryl to save Jedward so he could keep his 'credibility', send it to deadlock and Lucie leaves the competition, show gets in the headlines due to shock exit but Cheryl refused to do it.
Didn't Ruth do Purple Rain against that other girl who was an early fave?

Anyway, I agree with you. I think the judges know EXACTLY who has done well in previous weeks. The Daily Star told us WEEKS ago that Janet had won the first 4 public votes, remember? THEY WERE PROVED RIGHT. I am conviced that to even things up in favour of the poorly supported Misha, who the judges wanted in the final, they put Janet on at the start of each show and Misha on at the end, until the semi anyway. That as much as anything cost Janet her place. We all know about the importance of the running order. Further, Barlow's criticism of Janet started around the same time, gradually eroding her confidence. The fact that Cowell supported Little Mix for weeks is also an indication of them knowing how each act is doing, and influencing the 'outcome'.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote