View Single Post
Old 22-01-2012, 04:44 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'd rather be considered naive then disturbingly bloodthirsty. Like I said before how a person treats their lessers says a lot about them.

Yes it does, you just don't have a counter for it so you're doing the equivelant of sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!'

America's one of the few countries that's quite comparable to us in a lot of ways that still deals capital punishment so if it costs them tons of money to execute someone because of appeals, court procedures, Human Rights checks ETC then it would probably be a similar case in the UK if they brought back the death penalty.
AFAIK, the legal and punitive systems in the U.S.A. are radically different from those in England, letalone the rest of the UK.

Quote:
It's a fair comparison, you're just trying to void it because it destroys your little 'Killing people is financially sound' argument. Why don't you try another way to justify your bloodlust hmm?
As I said, you're judging me without knowing me - and you're even misquoting me, since I said "in an age of austerity, "disposal" of violent criminal offenders makes financial sense"

Quote:
Okay then, what do you propose? Based on America, executions tend to cost more then life terms so what would you do? Bin all rehabilitation efforts just because it doesn't always work? Just let potential re-offenders rot in prison until they are released and free to do it all again? Like I've made a point of saying, all in all a prison sentence is cheaper then an execution so why would you not try to rehabilitate criminals for the sake of the public when they are released?
"executions tend to cost more then life terms" & "a prison sentence is cheaper then an execution" - can you substantiate those statement with figures ?

Does rehabilitation work ? I have not yet done any research - if you have some figures, I'll be interested to check out your sources ..... ;
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote