View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
easy for you to say if you have a credit union near you, but i have a credit union account, but there are no branches near me or ATM's for it near me, so i still have to have a local bank that i can actually access.

Most credit unions arn't accessable enuf for people to use them as their main bank.

i use my credit union account as a good savings account, but i still need to have a credit account at a local bank so i can access it regularly and pay my bills.
Yes it might not be as easy for everyone although in the uk if a credit union isnt an option there are quite a few mutuals that are an option. But yes i take your point i dont know enough about banking in the usa to disagree with that.

Places like the co-operative and the nationwide building society that are owned by there members instead of shareholders they practice ethical banking and everybody that holds an account gets to vote on how things are done and who sits on the board of directors.
They stay out of the high risk markets that banks gamble in and they only invest in ethical markets and any profits at the years end are shared between account holders in the form of dividends.

Once the pressure to keep the shareholders happy is removed then so is much of the problem.

edit: @lostalex But yes i take your point i dont know enough about banking in the usa to disagree with that.

Last edited by billy123; 09-07-2012 at 08:32 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote