View Single Post
Old 22-08-2012, 12:31 PM #22
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevep View Post
Just because someone is older and therefore has more life experience and is 'in a better place to make a judgement' does not excuse cruelty. Again, if some select other few made those comments last night it would have been labeled as 'bitching', the fact that Julie and Julian are a lot older should not come into it.

Btw, yes calling someone 'dense' is rude, no matter what the person truly believes. If i went on a date, and my date looked like a car wreck and i therefore called her a car wreck, would that be acceptable just because i believed it? No, of course not.

Again, just to clarify, i really don't think what was said last night was such a big deal, i'm just merely saying that hypocrisy is evident in situations like this.
"Cruelty"? A touch over-dramatic, don't you think?

I don't see what your date potentially looking like a car wreck has to do with this conversation but as you've offered this analogy I'll run with it. No, it would not be kind to tell her she looks like a car wreck. But I bet you'd discuss it with your mates afterwards and probably have a bit of a laugh behind her back.

The housemates bitch all the time, and the younger ones bitch the most. You think because someone is older they should hold their tongue? What is evident is this: in some quarters it seems that it's okay to bitch as long as the people bitching are buff and have big tits. Anyone older is just being cruel.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote