View Single Post
Old 28-10-2012, 03:26 PM #5
0_o

0_o

The only slight problem I see with mr and mrs is the minor gender discrimination. A male is always Mr (unless a child and then he is master I believe) whereas a womans title changes if she gets married...so its easy to tell if a woman is married just from a few forms whereas not with males. But I dont think its important enough to get anyones knickers in a twist over tbh

As for transgendered people...dont they usually refer to themselves as whatever gender they are mentally? Like if a male is trapped in a females body they would class themselves as female? So therefor, if not married would be miss...

If we scrap mr and mrs due to transgendered people, surely the next step would be to scrap male/female boxes on forms?

Other solution is just to add 'other' on both titles and gender boxes.

Actually come to think of it, a lot of forms I have filled in already have mr/mrs/ms/other 'please state' on anyways :S
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 28-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote