Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Jahmene's whole vibe is just like Marcus Collins... he's clearly got talent, but it's been so hit and miss on the show and a lot of the time it's screechy and difficult to listen to. I think people are confusing the fact he can hit high notes with bona fide talent - I believe Union J on a good day are much better than Jahmene on a good day, because they actually hit the spot when they're doing it well. Even in good performances, Jahmene still wildly misses notes all over the place. It's a bit ridiculous that he's being touted as the winner because he's so shocking at times, he needs vocal coaching and, I've no idea how, but some kind of revamped image OR completely original and GOOD material when he launches a solo career, because otherwise he is going to flop harder than Joe McElderry. Jahmene's adorable and all that, and that's great for earning sympathy votes, but it doesn't make him a pop star. Kizzy, the thing that Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow have that makes them pop stars, and good ones at that, is their performance skills. Cheryl might not be the best singer in the world but she's got a unique sound to her voice, she's a great dancer and she's engaging to watch. Gary Barlow is a great singer, a great song writer, a great musician in general but he's the weakest dancer of the Take That guys and was never the most attractive or charismatic of his bandmates in their hey day, but that didn't matter because he made up for it in other areas. Jahmene's ONLY strength is his voice, which is really hit and miss. How is he going to fill arenas, stadiums, concert halls if he can't even be vocally perfect, which he has to do, because it's his only performance skill?
Oh dear. Here I am disagreeing with you again. The pair of us are like chalk and cheese
You are overlooking the fact that Gary Barlow has been around for yonks - even he had to start somewhere as a spotty youth and Cheryl Cole was a little chav who wore trackie bottoms and white trainers and had a penchant for punch ups. Jahmene has been around for all but a few weeks. My goodness, give him a chance to draw breath!
We have enough Gary's and Cheryls anyway. Great as they are in their own way, they are 2 a penny. And lets face it, if Cheryl looked like the back of a bus, no one would be saying her voice was 'unique'. It isn't - her voice is weak and mediocre but she looks good and dances good. It's fluff entertainment and it has its place.

Jahmene is nothing like Marcus Collins either. Marcus was light soul/pop - Jahmene is deep and intricate blues/gospel with hints of classical jazz - if he could get the chance to do it like he did with 'At Last' in his phenomenal audition.

Quote:
Even in good performances, Jahmene still wildly misses notes all over the place.
And the judges don't notice a thing, and he's been the main favourite all along? Righty ho. Jahmene had one bad show - in bootcamp, and that was it. My ears are definitely of the same caliber as the panel from the music industry.

Quote:
It's a bit ridiculous that he's being touted as the winner because he's so shocking at times, he needs vocal coaching
If he is as shocking a singer as you hear him to be at times and needs vocal coaching why aren't the X Factor 'mafia' (haha) paying massive sums of money to the Mirror and random people to discredit him in case he wins the thing? Eh? Eh? They allegedly do it with Chris (according to you) and he isn't even the favourite. *smirk* I don't think being 'adorable' but a 'hit and miss' singer means a lot when it comes to a big record deal.

Seriously, he has an individual voice that is like nothing the X factor has ever heard before and the judges are licking his ass because they know it. He sings with intensity and passion and light and shade and highs and lows - he has it all. He is an absolute original and I can see why some people maybe don't get it if they are not used to the fusion of a gospel/blues voice adapting to sing the material they are forced to sing. They know they have a unique talent there and they are nuturing it. It won't matter if he wins or not, they will be all over him with a contract anyway. Same with James. He is bloody good too - and if he could sing his own stuff instead of the usual crap forced on them he wouldn't ever have been in the bottom 2.

Quote:
Jahmene's ONLY strength is his voice
Not in the opinion of the judges and the bookies and my whole family and my friends (bar two - one who is a Union J fan and another who loved Ella). Jahmene is a fairly insignificant little fellow when he isn't singing. But when he takes to the stage an amazing transformation happens. He commands the space and radiates intensity and passion and love for his craft. I literally can't take my eyes off him when he is singing. He draws me in and attracts me like a moth to a flame. Louis Walsh said that Jahmene is the singer who holds his full attention with every song he sings. He sings his praises more than he does his own acts.
Nicole said she's going to take him to the States because they'd eat him up.
It seems he has the respect and admiration of those who matter...

Last edited by jet; 30-11-2012 at 12:59 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote