View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM #34

X Factor winner James Arthur has addressed his comments about Digital Spy users being "lowlifes", stating that he has "seen nothing but positive things" on the site since.

Arthur declared on Twitter at the beginning of the live shows in October that Digital Spy forum members are "fools [who] don't even realise how disgustingly ignorant and ridiculous their opinions are", before calling for them to be "locked up for some of the s**t they say".

He added: "Rarely do I go on s**t like Digital Spy which is made for w**kers with no lives who wanna find out what's happening on Corrie next wk but when I do all I see is abuse! I reckon they should shut that s**t down!"

When confronted about the remarks in a post-victory interview yesterday (December 11), Arthur insisted that he is "obviously a fan" of Digital Spy and knows that he has "a lot of fans" on the site.

"I've seen nothing but positive things from the people [at] Digital Spy... who have supported me," he said. "I've got a lot of fans on Digital Spy.

"I think my comments were more directed at the people that are given a voice that are maybe a bit negative on all these types of websites, but I think Digital Spy itself is obviously a great place for promoting music."

He then joked: "I'm obviously a fan, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed in here."

Arthur added that he does "regret certain things... said in the heat of the moment" during his time on X Factor, such as his recent Twitter spat with Frankie Boyle.

"I've never been one to pull punches and just because I'm now in the public eye I wasn't gonna [stop] standing up for myself," he explained.

"I regret certain things I've said in the heat of the moment because none of that stuff really matters in hindsight.

"It's tough... people always wanna try and bring people down and I think it's a shame."

Digital Spy

Bit of a turn around now the show is over.

Last edited by Mrluvaluva; 12-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote