View Single Post
Old 25-01-2013, 10:18 AM #5

I agree a Speide win will signal the end of Big Brother as we know it. It has been slowly going down that route for a whole now but employing actors and briefing them to do a specific job goes against all that BB should be about for me. If I wanted to watch a reality show with scripted actors l would watch MIC or TOWIE. BB is still the best reality show on TV for me but I have found this series to be the most challenging to stick with due to the reasons above and too much interference and bias from the BB producers. We have had a houseful of people but have only seen a few.

People could say that this is to do with the fact that they were boring but let's be honest they were never given an opportunity to shine. All the tasks etc were given to either Speide or Rylan. The whole edit just revolved around them and the others were just bit part players put in there for Speide to break down.

People could argue that the ratings have been quite good for this series due to the confrontational nature and the two sides but do the Speide fans feel cheated to know that it was all an act and they were playing totally fake characters. I know I would.

What I would really love to see is BB back to basics but unfortunately after this series and seeing how low the producers will stoop for ratings I think I will be disappointed and if this is the case and we end up with a soap scenario then I will take my leave.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote