View Single Post
Old 25-01-2013, 07:07 PM #13
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I think any grown man or woman taking inspiration from Big Brother is beyond the pale anyway. On the topic of younger people however I really think it takes an imaginative, driven child who wants to help themselves, a parent or parents willing to instill these values or both in order to break the suffocating bubble of thick culture that permeates every aspect of the media. I know that's a very general, extreme rant opening salvo in reply to a quite specific topic matter but it's something that's been playing over in my mind constantly for quite awhile.

We are raising a defunct generation that appear deceptively smart. Tech savvy, fingers on the pulse of a defunct culture, good at making free association between varying forms of bullshit. On the flip side idealism is dead, nobody is particularly well read, 'alternative' is just something that's been repackaged and sold to the mainstream, we use music rather than submit to it [The Killers and Kings Of Leon are the two biggest rock bands in the world. People skip to certain songs on their albums to do lovely little things like jog or pre drink before heading out. It's meaningless. And these are the credible ones.] ...

... sorry. Continue on, lads. Vote 4 Razor.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote