View Single Post
Old 14-05-2013, 06:34 PM #31

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing. Spin-off shows like this aren't meant to be upmarket and serious either, the whole point of them is they're meant to be light-hearted, silly and irreverent. Xtra Factor and BGMT are full of stupid VT's, innuendo and running gags. Hell, even BBLB with Dermot had him dancing in leotards and singing Bright Eyes with candles...

Sure, the main show and highlight shows should be serious, the tacky editing should be cut completely, there should be absolutely no cabaret dancers or anything of the sort on launch, evictions or final night, and this new psychology show should have actual psychologists on it and not asparagus woman, but a light-hearted spin-off show like Bit On The Side? The camper and tackier it is, the better.
No, I agree with you. All spin offs have the tackiness and running gags, whether fans like it or not it goes down well with the general public (bots gets great ratings)

I'd say the past couple of series they've got the jokes to actual discussion ratio about right, it was nowhere near as bad as some people make out. But whatever let them have their 'upmarket' show which will likely just be more time for Natalie Cassidy and the audience to give their opinions...
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote