Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Darington View Post
Depression

Oddie has had depression for most of his life, being diagnosed with clinical depression in 2001.[29] On 11 March 2009, it was reported that he had been admitted to Capio Nightingale psychiatric hospital to deal with his depression. His agent David Foster said: "Bill gets these bouts every two or three years where he gets down for about two weeks and recovers. He sometimes goes into hospital or takes a break or has a change of scenery to recharge his batteries."[30] In January 2010, Oddie spoke to the media, revealing that he had in fact had two separate stays in different hospitals, only being discharged "in time for Christmas". He said that he was dealing with depression and bipolar disorder, describing the period as "probably the worst 12 months of my life". Oddie stated that he was planning to meet with BBC executives to discuss his return to television work.[31][32]

His illness meant that he did not appear in the 2009 and 2010 series of Springwatch, although he made a guest appearance in the penultimate episode of the latter.
I didn't know that! I think it would be best not for him to be on CBB, because the CBB house can be too much for the housemates sometimes! It would not be right for Bill being stuck in the CBB house if he was there for the final of the show!
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote