View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:46 PM #34

*Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Can someone please show me this contract which stated the civilian series has to be broadcast?
No, of course I can't, I don't work for either company and I'm not their lawyer, contract's aren't public documents, they're entity to entity written agreements. If you don't even know that, is there any use me explaining how one works? The contract is for two years worth of series not calendar months, defined as one 9 week civillian series and two 3 week celebrity series, two years worth that Endemol has to make and Channel 5 have to pay for, broadcast or not, though, with BB being a franchise, there will undoubtedly be a use or loose clause as with trademarks, not that even C5 are stupid enough to pay for BB to be made, watch Endemol produce it, then not air it, especially when it fills 200 hours of air time, generates discussion and rates reliably (strong in several key demos).
Quote:
Its the format that's been renewed.
It's really not as simple as that . The format is Endemol's, C5 haven't leased it from them (they're a TV channel, not a production company), they're paying for the temporary right to air it, and for it to be aired it has to be produced, by or on behalf of it's rights holders and production company, the company the contract is with, Endemol, the contract defines how much and how often and for how long, in this case one civillian series and a celebrity series for the next two years.
Quote:
That doesn't mean they have to put a civilian series on they could just run CBB.
It does and no they couldn't, because as I said, C5 have legally agreed to pay for and air one (and Endemol have legally agreed to be paid for and produce it for them).
Quote:
I agree with other posters if the regular series stops i would actually turn off Channel 5 altogether.
It won't, not until the contract next expires at least. Which isn't till after BB15, the series Luke has, talking from his arse, expressed doubt about.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote