View Single Post
Old 20-06-2013, 02:29 PM #8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The child in that advert is clearly in a park. There isn't any reason not to have wardens regularly doing the rounds, and if you're fining people £1000 a time, then it's going to be cost-effective. In fact, parks should have park-keepers to sort this stuff out. Local authorities waste enough money on other projects, I think keeping playparks safe ought to be higher on their list of priorities.

I'm not sure what you can do about the people you describe as letting their dogs loose in rural and semi-rural areas, but then I suppose parents wouldn't be expected to let their toddlers wander around on their own in rural and semi-rural areas.
Erm, our local country wildlife park, although approached through a disused industrial site and residential areas, is comprised of one thousand six hundred (1600) acres of outstanding (rural and semi-rural) natural beauty and is an important recreational facility for residents and visitors alike. Thousands of children visit weekly, including those from several local schools, to make use of the innovative children's play area and join in the ranger-led walks, environmentally themed activities and annual events like the Family Sculpture Day. Recreational opportunities include walking, cycling, horse riding and water sports plus access for all cycles.

Inevitably, dog-owners turn up in their cars from dawn to dusk to release their dogs to run free and foul everywhere except the play area. Most owners will follow their dogs and pick up the mess, but some don't - but kids are encouraged to run free, too, and investigate the flora and fauna - inevitably, that occasionally brings them into contact with somebody's dog's thoughtlessly left excrement.

The park has rangers, but they can't be everywhere at once and they don't cover adjoining farms, which are also accessible to the public.

Last edited by Omah; 20-06-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote