View Single Post
Old 21-06-2013, 06:35 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
You asked me "If wardens are employed to try and catch dogs and their owners in the act, isn't that a much greater waste of time and money?". Then you go on to tell me about a country park near you that has wardens.
I said "rangers", not wardens .....

Quote:
JOB TITLE Countryside Ranger

To provide Countryside Ranger Service to the Council

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

1. To assist in the efficient and effective management of Council-owned countryside areas, consistent with the Council’s Environmental Policies.

2. To provide a suitable range of high quality visitor and interpretative services, including events and activities, display and literature, and environmental education initiatives.

3. To assist in the use of visitor facilities at the Country Park.

4. To develop and co-ordinate the Volunteer Ranger Service, and to manage the Volunteer Ranger work programme.

5. To assist in the provision of training and work experience schemes through partnership working initiatives.

6. To develop local community involvement in the management of Council owned countryside sites.

7. To assist in the co-ordination of a suitable range of wider environmental initiatives.

8. To assist the Countryside & Outdoor Recreation Manager in seeking resources to facilitate the activities of the Countryside Ranger service.

9. To assist the Countryside & Outdoor Recreation Manager in developing long term aims and objectives for the Countryside Ranger Service.

10. To be involved, where appropriate, in the implementation of a range of corporate initiatives within the Council.
They're not employed specifically to pick up dog poo and prosecute the owners .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
If there's a dog mess problem in your park, and it already has warden, and obviously they can't cover the whole of the countryside, then my best suggestion would be the parents to take responsibility for the safety of their own child.
The countryside parks have managers, teams of rangers and scores of volunteers but no wardens.

How do "parents to take responsibility for the safety of their own child"?

NOT take them to the countryside, parks or public places .....

Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote