BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
Sorry about this massive waffle, and if I completely bore you

First of all, I would like to say that my opinions are purely based on what I've seen on Channel 5 and through Youtube and on the live stream. Obviously Im aware that this is heavily edited and mediated.

Though I feel that Daley's removal was correct and Hazels subsequent warning was just, I do feel that Daley's actions have been made out to be much more damaging than in fact they were. At least from the episode tonight, I feel that the two were, as Daley said, 'play fighting' and the situation was not physically aggressive on either side up to the point of spanking and pulling down shorts.

If the two had not been previously flirting, I would totally accept this to be completely out of order and unacceptable, however after the flirting 'saga' we saw between the two, I do feel that this was a drunken situation that was not meant to provoke and was somewhat light hearted.

The verbal aspect of the fight was were I feel the nail was hammered into the very much manipulated coffin of Daleys, when he spoke about 'respecting elders' and 'nutting' which of obviously unacceptable for the housemates and could offend viewers. What I would say about this however is that Hazel did seem somewhat unfazed about this up until the point when Daley was called to the diary room.

As correctly highlighted prior to this event by Dexter and Gina, Hazel does seem somewhat of a manipulative snake. Though I in no way condone Daleys actions, I do think that Hazel wanted to eventually invoke a reaction from Daley and use this to her advantage. In someways she's been successful in that sense, but perhaps has brought herself a little out of depth (as is evident from BOTS when they announce Daleys removal from the house).

Finally, we saw Daley in the diary room being evicted. We hear Daley call Hazel a manipulative liar, or at least something of that sort. I feel its something quite symbolic of Daleys journey in the house. Initially we saw him as a funny character we only saw occasionally farting. That we progressively see him being sucked in by Hazel. Then we see him flip and creates a further negative view on him (adding to the BOTS interview with his girlfriend which I've kind of missed out in this). And finally we see his realisation of who in fact Hazel is. Its almost like a circle.

Though I feel Daleys actions were wrong and that violence and physical or psychological threats are completely unacceptable, I do urge the viewing public not to give Hazel the sympathy vote. I now realise that she is totally playing a game that really will probably play into her hands as a result of tonights show.

Thanks for reading this! Sorry I babbled on!

I totally agree with you. Hazel is not blameless and as far as I can see given the HMs totally disbelief at his departure, they spent the remainder of the night together in the safe house, which seems a bit odd . I think she played for the sympathy vote in the DR and got a little bit more than she expected with his expulsion.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote