Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..but it doesn't really matter whether he considered it 'banter' or not..that doesn't make it any less acceptable because of the aggressive nature of it...I mean whatever it was...let's say a blatant racist remark, maybe that person made racist remarks as part of their 'banter' and they thought that was acceptable because it's just part of what they do..would that be acceptable to either the person they were making that remark to or the general public..?...
This wasn't 'just part of what they do' with respect to Daley. This was something that was actively sought for by Hazel i.e. for Daley to become sexually aggressive. IMHO she led the interaction from start to finish, right up until BB intervened.

I can accept that his behaviour was unaccpetable for general viewing and that it can cause great psychological harm to many viewers who find it very disturbing. If it was a xxx rated bondage video filmed with consenting adult performers it would still be unacceptable for a general audience but fine for the target audience.

Racism is wrong. It is a highly sensitive issue for any non-white person and generally cuts very deeply. I am frankly very confused by your bringing racism in as an example. I think I see what you are saying but I'm not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..and no matter how annoyed he was or whether Hazel had wound him up in the lead up or how much he had been drinking..is that a defence..?..would it ever be accepted as a defence in a court of law for any violent act..?...
By 'wound up' I mean sexually excited. I honestly believe that was the only 'emotion' either of them were feeling. I am no legal expert but I believe the term 'violence' would require either actual bodily harm, intent to harm or psychological harm. A hand can be placed on anothers throat by say a doctor examining a wound or performing an operation and no one would bat an eyelid. It is the perception that Daley was angry or intended to intimidate(psychological harm) or physically harm Hazel that would make his actions illegal and/or immoral or unacceptable.

This has been a fascinating debate but I'm off to bed. Hope to catch up on it later today