View Single Post
Old 31-01-2007, 05:31 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Basically: We need more prisons.
It's to the point where people are being put in for a couple of years for murdering another human being, it's ridiculous.
Surely the Government can take a few billion out of their enormous pockets to fund more prisons being built without the extra luxury items such as TVs. Prison is meant to serve as a punishment - and people these days are losing sight of it.

The life sentence, what bollo-.... You get my drift. What a joke, if the judge is going to hand a sentence out, they should at least start with the intention of following through with that sentence.

And the loopholes! So many. It's easy to claim insanity and be completely absolved of any crimes you've committed, no matter how grisly. Most of these people are they let out back onto the streets to re-offend. Truly ridiculous.
You go Lauren

Just to add that in juvenille establishments (well the one I worked in) young offenders had to earn the privellige of being given a TV it was not a right!

The punishment that prisoners recieve is a restriction of their liberty, they do not go to prison to be punished if that makes sense.

I agree it should not be a life of luxury inside but we can not deny prisoners their rights as humans as well.

I do think that a full judicial review is overdue and a sentencing one should be done NOW. Often many prisoners only serve a quater of their sentence, how can that seem just to the vicitms.

My husbands aunt was quite brutually murdered many years ago, her murderer recieved "life" he was released after 18 years and within a week had murdered again, yet was released as rehabilitated! so should life be ilfe in prison?
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote