View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:20 PM #18

- Were you bullied or are you currently being bullied at school?

Not really, i've been called names daily sometimes but never as bad as i have seen other people get it.

- If so, has it affected you in the long term?

Obviously the names do make you question yourself, i.e if someone takes the micky out of your hair for example, you might seek ways to avert their thoughts.

- Did you tell anyone about it at the time?

Nope, because i felt there was nothing to tell and i've never been one to tell of my problems.

- If so, was anything done about it?

N/A

- Do you know anyone else who has been bullied?

Yea, a young girl i know got bullied purely for having ginger hair. Kicked, verbally abused.. generally made to feel like she was not supposed to be there. Felt really sorry for her being she was very emotionally disturbed and it was hard to get her smiling.

- Have you ever intervened to stop bullying?

Yes at work, a man was threatening a collegue of mine for many weeks, so i stepped in the one day and said to try and threaten me. He tried to give me verbals but actually was afraid of people giving him a taste of his own medicine. After that he rarely spoke to us again, which was great and rather euthoric tbh.

- Would you ever intervene to stop it?

Oh yes, always. When i was at school i rarely got involved in anything because, for one i was a skinny wrench, and secondly i couldn't have said boo too a ghost! Not i have matured and bulked out a little it's easier and it's the right thing to do. Many people are scared in adulthood to say anything and i find that pathetic tbh.

- Were you ever a bully?

I don't think so, i have said names but never in malice or to make people feel derogatory about themselves.

- Do you think the schools do enough to tackle bullying?

From my time, it wasn't dealt with. There were threats to pupils but nothing ever followed up but teachers can't be everywhere and anywhere.. most of the bullying goes on when there teachers are not around.
Tanser_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote