View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 07:30 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalHermit View Post
I was thinking about the girl who went on ask fm and got attacked so much she hung herself. Whilst i'm pretty sure those people were just making throwaway comments as some on here do, you do not know what someones mental state is when they're reading a comment on a forum. Be it about big brother or mechanical engineering.

As i've said many times, take for example a 20 stone, friendless lonely girl who has found solace in big brother. She logs onto a forum to discuss her new found interest and is hit in the face with a 20 page thread making fun of fat people.

If you cannot see how those two situations relate, then the debate is over.
..any one of have issues which we find very personal and find it hard to detach from but whether it be on a forum/the internet in general/media/people who are insensitive or cruel in general in real life, it's a sad fact of life...I think the OTT people who take pleasure at being cruel are disgusting and unfortunately the internet makes it easier for them to reach their victims but in general it's still a great thing to have and has much more positives than negatives, this forum isn't like ask.fm and is well regulated so someone here is as 'protected' as they can be but you can't protect from everything in life...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote