View Single Post
Old 17-08-2013, 08:58 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB14: Sophie
The Apprentice 2013: Luisa

Favourites (more):
BB14: Sophie
The Apprentice 2013: Luisa

I liked that she was quite ordinary – a number of BB fans have long wanted the civilian version of the show to feature less actors, less models and move away from media motivated types in general. Yes, Sophie may have dreams of singing… but she has a nice little range of basic skills, and from the conversations that I heard, quite realistic ambitions.

Sadly, BB is not geared to accommodate such ordinariness – and I don’t believe viewers particularly want to watch ordinariness – for many Sophie only represents the boring, deadwood, radar dodger – terms I tend not to use in reference towards any housemate. I think it’s clear that her strengths, skills and overall demeanour - that made her so popular within the group - were never likely to light up the HL show.

Listening to Charlie rattling away about Dexter on LF last night; this housemate told me he said this, at least 4 housemates told me he said that… it becomes apparent that the gossiping Sophie has been hung out to dry for is far from a crime that she is exclusively guilty of committing (they all do it).

I hope Sophie is remembered as the girl that played a good game and was robbed of a place in the final by a cruel twist – unfortunately I think she will be remembered as a gossip, stirrer and bore that didn’t deserve a place in the final.
Cold Sweat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote