View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:00 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

Yeah it's a tricky one. I think we've all got to remember the older generations come from the time where being gay or liking the same sex was wrong. It's only really a recent thing that people are becoming more open with their sexuality and accepted.

Evander comes from one of those older generations. It's a shame Luisa didn't try to expand on it with him and try to enlighten him a little more. It might have not changed his views but I think the conversation was viewed more of a time for him to make a horrible remark about gay people when really that is the way he was brought up to think and they were starting a conversation about it. He didn't exactly say being gay is wrong straight off out the blue, Luisa started questioning him about gay boxers and it lead from there.

Tbh I think Big Brother just gave him a warning for the sake of it to show 'support' for gays. Just informing him of how it may offend others was fine, although giving someone a warning for expressing their own views? That's censorship at its best!
Jamesy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote