Thread: Evander The whole gay choice thing
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:11 AM #17
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
Yeah it's a tricky one. I think we've all got to remember the older generations come from the time where being gay or liking the same sex was wrong. It's only really a recent thing that people are becoming more open with their sexuality and accepted.

Evander comes from one of those older generations. It's a shame Luisa didn't try to expand on it with him and try to enlighten him a little more. It might have not changed his views but I think the conversation was viewed more of a time for him to make a horrible remark about gay people when really that is the way he was brought up to think and they were starting a conversation about it. He didn't exactly say being gay is wrong straight off out the blue, Luisa started questioning him about gay boxers and it lead from there.

Tbh I think Big Brother just gave him a warning for the sake of it to show 'support' for gays. Just informing him of how it may offend others was fine, although giving someone a warning for expressing their own views? That's censorship at its best!

..the thing I would say there though, Jamesy is that I personally know of youger Christians who are very good people in many ways but they do have specific views about homosexuality because of their religion, which they strongly belief..it isn't just an 'older' thing...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote