BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
Yeah it's a tricky one. I think we've all got to remember the older generations come from the time where being gay or liking the same sex was wrong. It's only really a recent thing that people are becoming more open with their sexuality and accepted.

Evander comes from one of those older generations. It's a shame Luisa didn't try to expand on it with him and try to enlighten him a little more. It might have not changed his views but I think the conversation was viewed more of a time for him to make a horrible remark about gay people when really that is the way he was brought up to think and they were starting a conversation about it. He didn't exactly say being gay is wrong straight off out the blue, Luisa started questioning him about gay boxers and it lead from there.

Tbh I think Big Brother just gave him a warning for the sake of it to show 'support' for gays. Just informing him of how it may offend others was fine, although giving someone a warning for expressing their own views? That's censorship at its best!
Great post and as an older person, I can see what both you and he means but in this country the PC thing is getting out of control. Soon it will be illegal to say hoodies, gangsters and vandals are bad people. He was pretty naïve to say what he did but in essence, it was his opinion from one person to another that was quizzing him and I cant see he meant it in malice.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote