View Single Post
Old 23-01-2014, 01:17 AM #41

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Okay, I know that I'm probably going to get lambasted for saying this but: I don't really think that reverse sexism is a legitimate thing. I know that it may not sound fair, and it's really not, but that's just how things go.

It's basically like how saying derogatory things to white people isn't racism. I remember seeing a bunch of flyers in my old college for clubs that are specifically about one race and only allow that one race in, for just about every race except for one. If there was a club solely for white people then everyone in it would probably be deemed as racist and compared to the KKK. Is it fair? No.

The thing is though that white (men) people have never been oppressed whilst every other race has, just like how (white) men have never been oppressed like women have. Women and other races besides Caucasian are still trying to be treated as equals, and until everyone is equal can there truly be such a thing as reverse sexism and racism against whites.

I know that this is not fair, but the world is not fair. Or maybe I'm just bitter because I had to listen to 3 or 4 guys making kitchen jokes to me in one of my classes senior year for the whole year.

Edit: actually I think I'm going to have to take that back. I forgot that this was a forum with mainly British people on it and my views are based on the US. And yeah, I don't really know much about British history or the lifestyle there in general so my views are probably wrong. My bad.

Last edited by Haylei; 23-01-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Haylei is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote