View Single Post
Old 24-03-2014, 08:59 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
The fact that it left all it's stories right till the last 4 or 5 episodes and it all felt rushed, the season needed to be a 20 to 25 episode season to be able to solve most of the mysteries properly, Bloodyface was the story they resolved well in Asylum imo.
well i certainly can't disagree that it should be a proper 20-24 episode season. But cable shows unfortunately always have much shorter seasons. the Soprano's used to only give us 10 episodes, and then even take a year off in-between. Homeland also is way too short.

Unfortunately you must sacrifice quantity for quality. AHS always has so many characters that it does feel like it moves too quickly and you never get to enjoy every character as much as you'd like. Sometimes you barely see a character for weeks at a time because they are focusing on the other story lines.

Perhaps they should move to a more Lost-esque method, where each episode tries to focus on just one character for the entire episode... i feel they flirt with that idea, but it does feel a bit disjointed the way you can have 1 character really focused on in episode 3, but then not hear anything about that character again for 5 episodes...

It really is the kind of show that is best watched in a box set way. Total binge-watch material. I watched Asylum in binge-watch mode watched the first 6 in one sitting, then the second 6 in 1 sitting. and i loved it. I watched Coven in real time, and i found it less enjoyable.

Last edited by lostalex; 24-03-2014 at 09:09 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote