Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Time to mention The Liverpool 38 again Ammi,38 people who ignored James Bulger even when he was clearly distressed,38 people who spoke to them and still did not intervene,just ONE nosey sod could have saved his life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

newspapers denounced the people who had seen Bulger but had not intervened to aid Bulger as he was being taken through the city, as the "Liverpool 38".
Made me feel sick reading that again Kazanne. I understand what you are saying about the 38 people seeing them and not intervening but the age of the boys must have been a factor in this. I always recall before James being found and seeing the grainy footage on the news of him being led away and my reaction was reassurance that he was with young boys, it never occurred to me that that he was in any danger with them, and even for the two people who did intervene Thomson and Venables had plausible stories though saying they were taking him to the Police Station I guess as an adult that person should have intervened and taken James themselves, I'm sure they suffered terribly for that decision.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote