View Single Post
Old 19-04-2014, 01:42 PM #1

Default UKIP's Nigel Farage eyes spot in house

Quote:
The Celebrity Big Brother 2014 line up could get political this year with UKIP’s Nigel Farage eying up a spot in house.

He certainly wouldn’t be the first politician to enter the house after George Galloway MP’s memorable appearance in 2006.

But the UKIP party leader could possibly prove to be one of the most controversial celebrity housemates ever.

Speaking to the Daily Star newspaper, Farage revealed he had been asked to take part already but said he’d only “think about it” were he to step down from his current role.

“I wouldn’t do it while I’m doing this job,” he told the newspaper. “Afterwards I might think about it.

“I’ve been asked before.”

The contentious MP found himself under fire earlier this year after claiming that legalising gay marriage would be “opening up a very big can of worms, with many very big risks.”

And earlier this year the UKIP leader was forced to disown his own party’s previous manifesto, which had promoted the ditching of sex education, scrapping of equality law and the swearing of allegiance to the Queen from “British subjects”.

“I didn’t read it. It was drivel,” he claimed in January. “It was 486 pages of drivel … It was a nonsense. We have put that behind us and moved onto a professional footing.”
Telly Mix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Loukas; 19-04-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Loukas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote