BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I take it none of you listened then *sigh*

All of the things you're saying or accusing me of would be to assume that every paedophile acts on their urges (attractions which, by the way, cannot be helped - much like being gay/straight/bi etc you don't choose your sexual attractions - who would choose to be attracted to children?) which just simply isn't true and this is exactly the point of this interview in the first place. It's such a taboo topic, one that inevitably if you raise you're going to be looked down upon for or judged and people involved in it are obviously going to be shunned immediately without even being given a chance to give their side of the story.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people that abuse children, I'm not surprised people have jumped to that conclusion though. But do I have sympathy for people who have to live out their lives knowing they are attracted to people they shouldn't be, knowing they cannot and should not do anything about it because it's illegal and feeling totally disgusted with themselves? Yes, because what kind of life is that to live? It's not a choice they've made, that's just how they are.

And the longer we continue to just forget this subject exists, and the longer we just listen to screams of 'kill them all!!!!' whilst forgetting there are actually people out there with these kind of attractions that are disgusted with themselves and would never even consider abusing a child, the longer some of them are going to end up giving into temptation, and that isn't a good thing for the sake of children.

I'm not blaming society at all, but just ignoring this problem doesn't help matters, most of all the children that'd eventually be involved.
Well there's no academic or scientific consensus on that, many who have spent their lives in the study and research of this sort of thing would hotly dispute that paedophilia is innate
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote